Friday 5 December 2014

AT2: Film Poster Drafts

 Draft 1
In my first draft of my film poster, I decided to use colour for the photo. This is because my film will be in colour and I thought that it would match the same colour scheme of the film. However, I didn't like the way that it highlighted the characters. I felt that the green of the trees in the background appeared a bit over-powering and it made the characters blend into the background too much. I also felt that the colour scheme didn't highlight the characters features as much. I thought that it was important to highlight their facial features as it allows the audience to see each character clearly.

I think that the title of this poster is quite basic and doesn't look original to the film or even that well thought out even though the title is in capital letters and looks quite big.

Finally, I have added in some text at the bottom of the poster. This text tells the audience the film companies who made the film, the main actors who star in it, the director and all of the main people who took part in the rest of the production such as the editing, the sound, the camera work, etc. I thought that by adding in this text would make my poster look more professional and realistic. I also tried to use a similar font for the text to the font on actual professional film posters. 


Draft 2
 

After playing around with the different colour schemes, I decided that I really liked the poster photo in a navy/black and white colour scheme. This is because I felt that it really highlighted the two characters and their facial features so you can see each of them more clearly. The character on the left has come out with a slightly darker shade whilst the character on the right has more light which falls on him. This is already hinting ideas about each of the character's characteristics. This is because the darker shade over the left character could suggest that he has a dark secret or commits something dark, whereas the character on the right in the light could be seen as innocent or even naïve as he has no idea about the dark trap of which he falls into. 

I also like the way the trees in the background don't overpower or blend in with the two characters. The trees hint at the setting of the film without being too much in the audiences face. 

I wanted the main title to be shown in capital letters with a styled font. This is because the capital letters would make the title stand out more and the styled font would differentiate this poster to other film posters which may be shown. I decided to add in a quote in a slightly different font so that it would be clear to the audience that it wasn't apart of the title. I thought that a question quote would be effective as it makes the audience think about the two characters on the poster again hinting at the fact that only one of them may be trusted but which one?

At the top of the poster, I have added in the actor's names above their character on the poster so that when the audience looks at the poster, they will assume that the actor Joe is on the right whilst the actor James is on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment