Monday 1 December 2014

AT2: Ideas for my Film Poster

Main Photograph
  • The two main characters Ashton and  Jay will both feature on the poster.
  • I would like to edit the photo so that Ashton's character has more light falling on him as he is the victim whilst more shade will fall on Jay because he is the darker character in this film who kidnaps his best friend.

Colour Scheme
  • Dark colours to suggest the dark themes which are explored in the film. Slight dark turquoise colour mixed in with the black and white to suggest that the film isn't all dark and it may have a sense of hope but also to show the audience that the film is a colour film, not black and white.
  • The poster could be in full colour.
  • In the black and white colour poster, I would have the title in a bold black colour as it will be significantly darker to the colours of the poster and will stand out. It will also match the colour scheme of the poster.
  • If the poster was in full colour, then I would have the title in a deep red colour to suggest danger as Ashton is in danger of what Jay might do to him.

Title
  • In capital bold letters spread across the top of the page. This will make the title stand out to the audience and catch their eye.

Credits
  • In order to make my poster look authentic, I want to include the credits at the bottom of the page. They will be featured in a white font so that I can assure that the focus emphasis will be on the poster and not the credits.

Actor Names
  • On my poster, I also want to include both of the main actors names above their character. This will help to make my poster look professional as most film posters usually include this, especially if a well-known actor is featured in the film, as it may make the audience bias about watching the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment