Saturday 27 December 2014

Lighting

My film will be filmed at two locations. One in the country in a lonely wood and the other in an unrecognisable place which is run down such as a disused warehouse.

I want the lighting for the woods to be natural without any sunshine. This is because, as the sun shines through the branches of the trees, it creates a light, warm and magical feeling. This is the complete opposite impression I want to create of the woods. In order to assure that there isn't going to be any strong sunshine, I have to make sure that I check the weather forecast for a week in advance each day to make sure that the weather doesn't change. The weather I need for my film is a thick overcast of clouds which creates an overall dim light.

The second half of my film is meant to be on the same day as the first half. This means that I need to make sure that the weather is exactly the same. The lighting will be slighting different as the second half of the film will be filmed inside, however, parts of the outside weather will be seen through the building door. I want the lighting to be quite dark for the inside of the building. This is because it will create a dark and mysterious setting which will have an uneasy feel to it. I also want the inside of the building to be dark so that Jay's character isn't fully revealed at first. I will assure that the lighting will be dark by switching the artificial lights off which are in the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment