Monday 8 December 2014

AT2: Final Poster

This is my final film poster for my 5 minute film 'Betrayed'. I have added in a few more items to my final poster. For instance, I have added on a date as to when the film will come to cinemas. This is because most film posters have the screening date on so that the audience know when they can go and see the film.

I have also added in an age range on the bottom right hand corner of the poster. This is so that whoever views the poster will instantly know who the targeted audience for the film is and whether it will suit their needs of a film. In order to make sure I got the correct age range, I went onto the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) website and researched the different age classifications for a film. I decided that my film would be in the 12 age range as I have moderate violence in my film and no swearing.

I finally added on the film production company name in the bottom left hand corner. I thought that this would be a good idea as it allows the audience to easily see the film company that made the film. If the film company have made many successful films, then the audience may be reluctant to watch the film because of the film company.

To improve my film poster, I could have also explored portrait styles of the poster as well as horizontal to see which one I preferred the most.

I would also change the film company text (bottom left hand side of the poster) colour from black to a lighter colour which would't overpower the poster but at the same time could be read easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment